Block Eleven with Konda Luckau

MooseQuilts
Well, we had our first snafu.  All the other designers have been super fabulous about getting me the blocks.  I haven’t been able to get in touch with this next to last designer.  She probably forgot and is now out of town.  I completely understand since she offered to make the block six months ago!  I should have sent a reminder sooner.
As I was skimming through my Quilters Newletter that recently came (Aug/Sept p.49), I saw this:
Now, it caught my eye because I like Joel Dewberry, but my second thought was, “that would make a great block for our Sampler!  I don’t know where the block came from.  It was just a block made to show the fabric line.
Here’s my Electric Quilt version:

and HERE’s the link to instructions!

We will still have a drawing — I have another jelly roll and I have a couple patterns so there will be three this time!

Thanks for playing!

13 Comments

1. lynneUSA
    July 19, 2010 at 3:17 pm

great work Konda – you managed to turn that around quickly

2. Kristin
    July 19, 2010 at 3:24 pm

This may be my favorite block so far!
    Thanks Konda!!

3. Jewel
    July 19, 2010 at 3:25 pm

This is a cute one… I like it a lot!

4. Deb
    Deb
    July 19, 2010 at 3:32 pm

Thanks for the extra work! I’m starting on this one today!

5. Staci
    July 19, 2010 at 4:25 pm

I love this little block, and it gives us a chance to use some of our smaller pieces. Everyone is scraping the bottom of the jelly roll strip barrel at this point! Hard to believe only one more block!

6. Vickie E
    July 19, 2010 at 5:46 pm

thanks for you extra effort 🙂

7. Sandy
    July 19, 2010 at 9:06 pm

Ohh, I like that one for sure….thanks for coming through for us!

8. jaycad
    July 19, 2010 at 10:07 pm

Konda, I think this may actually be in my top three blocks so far, but that could also just be your fabric choice too… love it! I can’t wait to get home and get started on this block (I made, and posted on my blog, the first ten blocks in the span of about seven days – can you tell I’m hooked on your BOM?! I hope you’ve got something planned for the fans for after it is finished!).
    Crossed fingers for another jelly roll so I can start all over again!

9. GeeGee
    July 20, 2010 at 2:26 am

Konda, you’re a real trooper coming through in a pinch. The block is a great choice and thanks for all your work!

10. Denise in PA
    July 20, 2010 at 6:51 pm

Well, that’s a darn good block Konda! Looks fun to make o:)

11. Kim
    Kim
    July 21, 2010 at 4:24 am

Great block! I’m looking forward to making this, particularly since there’s room in the center for a little more embroidery work. Thanks for saving the day!

12. NancyinSTL
    July 30, 2010 at 6:06 pm

I’m very late getting started. I recently bought my first Jelly Roll and found your quilt along while searching for the perfect pattern for it. My Jelly Roll is a scrappy roll that I bought at my quilt guild’s annual garage sale. One of my guild members created jelly rolls from her too large fabric stash. I’ve had so much fun just choosing which strips I want to use for my first block–Block 11.

13. Patchwork Penguin
    August 2, 2010 at 12:33 am

I have seen this block all over blogland and Kim graciously pointed me to your blog. Thanks so much for sharing this. I’m going to try and get it made up with some scrappy strips.

Hugs!