Jelly Roll Schedule

MooseQuilts

Alright, now to answer some burning questions.  Or rather, one burning question, “What now?”

1)  Tomorrow, Wednesday, August 4th, I will post the finishing instructions.  I will show you three or four layouts.

2)  There will be a drawing in two weeks from the Flickr Pool for those finishing block 12.  That drawing will be on Monday, August 16th

3)  There will be a drawing two weeks after that from the Flickr Pool for all those who have posted a picture of a completed top.  (It doesn’t have to be quilted or bound – just pieced together.)  The date of that drawing will be Monday, August 30th.  That is a change from what I initially said way at the beginning when we started this.  I initially said the beginning of Sept which is Labor Day.  Hello!?!  So we will keep with the two week time period.  I think it is better.

4)  There will be one more drawing on Monday, August 30th.  This drawing will be held from the comments of my next post.  It is just to get an idea of how many are playing along.

Any other burning questions, let me know!

13 Comments

1. Kim and Jim
    August 3, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Thanks for the schedule. I started a few weeks ago and am just finishing block 4 but should have a finished top by the 30th. Fun, fun, fun!

2. NancyinSTL
    August 3, 2010 at 6:00 pm

I’m participating, but got a very late start just a few days ago. However, it’s taking me longer to choose the fabrics from my scrappy jelly roll than it does to whip the blocks together. Eight blocks completed, with just four to go. I haven’t a clue yet about how I’m going to unify all of my blocks into one quilt, but it will be a fun challenge. I’m open to any suggestions.

3. Carol
    August 3, 2010 at 6:32 pm

Thank you so much…it’s going to be such fun to see these all together!

4. Trudi
    August 3, 2010 at 8:29 pm

Thanks, that answers loads of questions all in one go! Now I know what I’m working to to catch up and finish 🙂 Such fun!

5. Karen
    August 3, 2010 at 8:30 pm

Thanks for posting the schedule. As of yet, I haven’t begun, but each block looks more and more gorgeous and I am anxious to start! Sure look forward to using up more of my stash!

6. Melissa C
    August 3, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Thanks for the schedule. It will give me time to get my border fabric. Can’t wait to see the options.

7. Needled Mom
    August 3, 2010 at 9:16 pm

Ready…set…go!!! I’d better get a move on myself!

8. Gene Black
    August 3, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Burning question: Although you are posting finishing instructions, is it okay to “go my own way” on it? I dont’ really want mine as big as your original instructions said.

I am planning to simply make the outside sashing/border wider than the inside sashing and not use another color border.
    That is one thing I love about quilting – the adaptability that is available to a creative soul.

9. Karin
    August 3, 2010 at 10:42 pm

I have 11 blcoks done but am unable to open up #12-days the file is corrupt. Help!

10. Mia's Cottage
    August 3, 2010 at 11:23 pm

yahhh… i can’t wait to finish! I have all 12 blocks done!
    Donna

11. Nanna
    August 4, 2010 at 12:36 am

I just came across your blog & never heard of th jelly roll, I see a few are just now starting & I ask myself do i dare? LOl I was excited whenn I came across jelly rolls at Hancocks today LOL
    Helen

12. Grethe
    August 4, 2010 at 6:14 am

This schedule will work fine with me. Block 12 will be finished when I am fully back from
    my “Summer-lots-of-rain-holiday”, (and no PC working properly).

Looking forward to sewing all the blocks together.

It has been great fun. Thanking you again for organizing this Jelly Roll Quilt Along:-)

13. Mary
    August 17, 2010 at 12:32 am

I made all twelve blocks, plus one extra. I have posted a picture of my completed quilt. I love how it all turned out. Thank you so much for keeping me in line and on time.