Quilt with Square Scraps
While finishing up my Acid Scrap Quilt today, I thought that I might need to start another similar scrappy project. As I was cutting squares for this quilt from my scraps, I created many more 2 1/2″ squares.
Here are some quilts that I have found online that are inspiring me:
- While I have already made seven Scrappy Irish Chain quilts, I still love this pattern: http://moosequilts.com/2013/03/04/christmas-sewing-part-ii/
- I made one Scrappy Arkansas Crossroads quilt after Lori Holt had a quilt along. It is one of my favorite quilts. http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com/2014/07/my-scrappy-cross-roads-block-tutorial.html
- Bonnie Hunter just might be the Queen of Scraps. One of hers that caught my eye today is a variation of a nine patch block. http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2013/06/dancing-nines-pattern-time.html
- My Scrappy Irish Chain was inspired by I’m a Ginger Monkey’s Scrap Vomit quilt. The Scrap Vomit quilt might be on my to do list. https://www.flickr.com/groups/1682178@N23/pool/
- I love this version of a sixteen patch block. It is really simple, but effective. This one is definitely on my to do list. https://www.flickr.com/photos/philistinemade/6772938192/
- This is a fun variation of the nine patch block. https://www.flickr.com/photos/philistinemade/6989505391/
- Red Pepper Quilts is always great inspiration! This one is an interesting variation of the nine patch block. http://www.redpepperquilts.com/2009/05/nine-patch-quilt-along.html
- This quilt combines three of my favorites, nine patch blocks, sixteen patch blocks, and stars. What’s not to love? http://quiltingcrescent.blogspot.com/2015/09/rsc-15-never-tired-of-nine-patches.html
- This vintage nine patch quilt is super busy. I really love it! http://qisforquilter.com/2011/07/vintage-nine-patch-quilt-top/
- Alternating the nine patch block with the snowball block isn’t a new idea, so I was surprised when I liked this scrappy version of it. http://dearlissy.blogspot.com/2013/01/scrap-quilting-by-hand-part-2-choosing.html
- Last year I made a Double Four Patch quilt with the American Patchwork and Quilting quilt along. It might be another quilt worth revisiting. http://moosequilts.com/2015/03/30/apq-quilt-along/
I hope I’ve added a quilt or two to your to do list as well!